Frequently Asked Questions
Our mission is to provide an environment where curiosity and creativity flourish, while both children and adults learn together through experience. Our exhibits are designed for families to explore together.
For safety reasons, we do not allow adults without children or children without adults. Unaccompanied adults are welcome to a free guided tour with an available staff member.
The Museum programming and attendance vary from day-to-day. Generally, we do not schedule parties or field trips on weekday afternoons. We recommend calling ahead to check the crowd level.
Buses: Unload in front of our building at 425 Washington Street. Bus parking is available at the wharf.
Cars: Parking is available on the street for 90 minutes or in the East Parking Garage on the corner of Washington and Franklin Streets for $7 per day. Parking is strictly enforced.
No, all children must be attended by their grown-up(s) at all times while visiting the Museum.
Yes, we are ADA compliant with a variety of opportunities for children and grown-ups of all capabilities.
Yes, we offer stroller parking at the front of the Museum next to our free storage lockers.
We ask that our guests do not bring food or drink into the Museum. Zero waste containers or plastic bottles with water are allowed. We are happy to allow re-entry with your admission receipt if you would like to take a break for lunch or snacks.
MYM is committed to providing a safe, clean environment for our guests and members. We follow best practice standards for keeping our facility in tip-top shape. Our cleaning process consists of:
- MYM Staff cleans and disinfects all exhibits and interactive items before opening, after closing, and throughout the day as needed.
- All cloth items (costumes, stuffed animals, etc.) are professionally machine washed in high temperatures regularly. Other materials are sanitized by hand and run through the dishwasher as needed.
- Bathroom checks occur every 30 minutes and are cleaned and sanitized as needed.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Museum.
- A professional cleaning crew deep-cleans the Museum every other night.
We are proud to participate in the Access for All Initiative, which enables Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card holders and up to 3 additional family members a $2 admission fee.
- This rate is available during all normal operating hours.
- All U.S States EBT card accepted.
- Method of payment must be in the method of cash, check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Amex or Discover)
Yes! Free admission is just one of the great benefits of being a MY Museum Member. Check out our Get Involved for more information.
Yes! We happily accept tax-deductible charitable gifts. Click here to donate now!
We are happy to consider a donation request. Due to the large number of requests we receive, we limit our donations to Monterey County nonprofit organizations and schools only. Click here to see our donation request page for more information.